The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G is a fast, mid-telephoto 85mm fixed focal length lens that combines a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 with natural blur characteristics to offer superior image quality.
Prime time: a fast, bright and exquisitely sharp lens for striking portraits
- FX-format, fast, high-performance mid-telephoto 85mm fixed focal length lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4 that offers superior image quality.
- Adoption of a maximum aperture of f/1.4 and nine-blade rounded diaphragm for natural blur effects.
- Nano Crystal Coat to significantly reduce ghost and flare
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus), as well as a new and improved manual focus drive mechanism.
- Nikon’s internal focusing (IF) system means the lens barrel length does not change during focusing
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Main Features
The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G is a fast, mid-telephoto prime (fixed focal length) lens that combines a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 with beautiful blur characteristics and superior rendering.
A fast, high-performance mid-telephoto 85 mm fixed focal length lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4 that offers superior image quality
Adoption of a maximum aperture of f/1.4 and rounded diaphragm (9 blades) enables the expression of bright and beautiful blur characteristics. The lens exhibits excellent rendering capability with shooting all distances, from close-up to infinity, making it especially suited to portrait photography. It is also an excellent choice for shooting in relatively dark situations, such as indoors or for capturing night landscapes.
A new optical design that makes the most of the performance expected of the latest fast fixed focal length NIKKOR lens
Nano Crystal Coat adopted to significantly reduce ghost and flare
Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
Equipped with two focus modes, M/A and M, as well as a new and improved manual focus drive mechanism
The lens offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual). In addition, the new and improved manual focus drive mechanism reduces manual focus time lag for improved manual focus operation in M/A mode.
Nikon’s internal focusing (IF) system has been adopted with no increase in the length of the lens
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Technical Specifications
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) 10 elements / 9 groups (including elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
- Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format 28° 30'
- Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 18° 50'
- Minimum f/stop 16
- Closest focusing distance 0.85 m
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.12x
- Filter Attachment Size 77 mm
- Lens Cap Snap-on
- Lens Hood HB-55
- Lens Case CL-1118
- Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera’s lens mounting flange) 86.5 x 84 mm
- Weight (approx.) Approx. 595g
- Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area) Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-55, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1118