A fast telephoto lens offering built-in VR II
This lens is equipped with Vibration Reduction (VR II) that reduces the effects of camera shake equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops.
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Main Features
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 4 stops
- The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override; AF priority) focus mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override; manual priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating and M (manual) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.
- The lens optics and Nano Crystal Coat so well received with previous lenses have been adopted without modification.
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Specifications
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 11 Elements / 8 Groups (3 ED glass elements, Nano Crystal Coat)
- Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format: 8°10'
- Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format: 5°20'
- Minimum f/stop: 22
- Closest focusing distance: 2.3 m in AF mode (2.2 in MF mode)
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
- Filter Attachment Size: 52 mm
- Lens Cap: Slip-on
- Lens Hood: HK-30
- Lens Case: CL-L1
- Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera’s lens mounting flange): 124 x 267.5 mm
- Weight (approx.): 2,900g
Supplied accessories (may differ by country or area)
- Slip-on front lens cap,
- Rear lens cap LF-1,
- Slip-on Lens Hood HK-30,
- Semi-soft Case CL-L1,
- Slip-on filter holder,
- 52mm screw-in NC filter,
- Strap LN-1
VR operation works with the Nikon F6, F5, F100, F80, F75, F65, D3, D3s, D3x, D700, D2-series, D1-series, D300, D300s, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70-series, D60, D50 and D40-series.