The world's first* ultra wide-angle 16-35mm FX-format compatible zoom lens with built-in vibration reduction (VR II).
The AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR is released as a new category of NIKKOR lenses.
It is equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops and a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), and supports the maximum aperture of f/4 through the full range of focal lengths.
The lens also utilizes exclusive Nikon technologies such as the application of Nano Crystal Coat and construction that includes ED and aspherical lens elements.
The extremely effective vibration reduction and coverage for wide angles of view make this lens perfect for sports, press and landscape photography.
* Among ultra wide-angle zoom lenses offering a minimum focal length of 16mm with a full-sized image sensor (according to Nikon survey as of February 9, 2010).
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Main features
- An ultra wide-angle zoom lens with maximum aperture of f/4 through the full 16mm to 35mm range of focal lengths
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops
- Nano Crystal Coat significantly reduces ghost and flare
- An ultra wide-angle zoom lens with an angle of view beginning at 107° and a filter attachment size of 77mm
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Constructed with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior aberration compensation
- Offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 17 elements/12 groups (2 ED glass elements,3 aspherical lenses and Nano Crystal Coat)
- Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format: 107° - 63°
- Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format: 83° - 44°
- Minimum f/stop: 22
- Closest focusing distance: 0.28 m (through the entire focal range)
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.25x
- Filter Attachment Size: 77mm
- Lens Cap: Snap-on
- Lens Hood: HB-23
- Lens Case: CL-1120
- Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera’s lens mounting flange): 82.5 x 125 mm
- Weight (approx.): 680g
- Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area):
Front Lens Cap LC-77
Rear Lens Cap LF-1
Bayonet Hood HB-23
Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1120